How to perform the exercise
Grab the pull-up bar with your hands in an overhand grip a bit wider than shoulder width apart. Keep your body straight and feet together.
- Inhale and pull your body up until your chin is over the bar
- Exhale at the end of the pull
- Lower your body until arms are fully extended.
- EXERCISE REGRESSION. Regular chin-ups
- EXERCISE PROGRESSION. Wide grip pull-ups
Your body should be straight throughout the motion and there should be no swinging during the exercise. Do not extend your
neck to reach the pull-up bar, because that shortens the range of motion and therefore the effectiveness of the exercise.