How to perform the exercise
Sit at the end of a bench and put hands beside you, grabbing the bench with fingers pointing forward. Straighten your arms, slide the rear end off the bench, and rest your heels on the floor with straight legs.
- Inhale and slowly lower yourself down
- Lower yourself until your bottom almost touches the ground or there is at least a 90° angle between the upper arm and forearm
- Exhale, while pushing your body straight up without locking your arms.
- EXERCISE REGRESSION. Knee push-ups
- EXERCISE PROGRESSION. Triceps push-ups
There should be no swinging motion during this exercise. Keep elbows pointing backwards during the exercise and keep leaning forward, while doing this exercise, to achieve the best chest involvement.